Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's all happening.

So I just got back from Congress with Jaime and I looked in my mail box to find my staging packet. This is the last packet the pc will send before I depart. Now the crazy thing is that it includes my itinerary as well as my actual flight information to get to Cameroon. How weird is it that I am actually booked on a flight to Africa!

I was hanging out with my friend Dave tonight who is leaving his teaching job at a local high school to go to grad school for English Education and he hasn't been sleeping very well do to some anxiety he is having. He is going to NYU for his graduate studies so moving to the big city can be daunting. I realized that I have yet to have an anxiety dream or really big freak out so far. This is very unlike me because I have anxiety dreams before and during every new job that I've had or lesson that I introduce. Yet, right now I have yet to really let it hit me that I will actually be in Africa in less than a month.

A piece of paper in front of me says "at 5:05pm on Januarey 08th I will be in Douala, Cameroon starting my training. I'll be flying through Paris. Paris! Who does this?

Anyway, I guess it's all happening.

No comments: